Today I’ve completed 29 years on earth. I don’t feel older, except in my bones; I hardly feel wiser and I’m still – in many ways – growing up.
So, what have I accomplished in the my 29th year? I decided to pick 29 “top” moments.
- Attended a soccer match (USA vs. Brazil) and a minor league baseball game
- Attended my first midnight book release and signing – meeting Susan Collins!
- Attempted to learn to swim, and can now float … sorta.
- Brunch at Alice’s Tea Cup
- Went on a behind-the-scenes tour of Wicked.
- Had High Tea at Lady Mendl’s
- Saw Sara Bareilles in concert
- Met Justine Larbalestier – who remembered me from Twitter (along with Libba Bray, Holly Black, Scott Westerfeld and Maureen Johnson at the ZvU event)
- Attended a Charity Gala on New Years Eve
- Started a book blog
- Fell in love with Settlers of Catan
- Met Ree, the Pioneer Woman
- Saw Jimmy Fallon, Live!
- Met Ally Condie, Beth Revis, Kristen Miller, Brenna Yovanoff and Andrea Cremer
- Visited Strand for the first time
- Met Holly Black, Cassandra Clare and Lauren DeStefano
- BOOK EXPO AMERCIA
- Met Maureen Johnson, Liani Taylor and Scott Westerfeld
- Met Libba Bray (who remembered me from Twitter), Meg Cabot and Maggie Stiefvater
- Visited a friend in Arizona and saw the Grand Canyon
- Walked along the High Line
- Visited Chelsea Market
- Visited two museums during the Museum Mile
- Glee Live with VIP access
- Did a lot of walking in DC
- Stood in a long line for some yummy cupcakes!
- Enjoyed The Ride
- Spent 7 hours in the park with lovely friends.
There were good things and bad things; regrets and heartache, but also joy and happiness. I laughed, I loved, I lived. Thank you Lord, for a great year. I’m looking forward to what you’ve got in store for me in this, my 30th year on earth.
2 thoughts on “29”
What an exhaustive list! And you didn’t even cover everything! 🙂 Happy birthday, Shan, and may this 30th year be as fulfilling as ever. Much love to ya.
Happy birthday! And 30 will rock. 🙂